people and practice
mjwarchitects are an award winning RIBA chartered architectural practice based in a converted chapel just outside Bath in Somerset. We are ideally located to serve Bath, Bristol, Bruton, Frome and Wells and all surrounding areas. We have the necessary skills and over 25 years of experience to work on a whole range of projects, from residential extensions and new houses to mixed use developments, in both rural and urban locations.
After working with other architects on large high profile schemes in London and throughout the country the practice was established by Michael J Williams in 2000. We work primarily on residential and community projects and through completing over 300 projects we have gained a successful reputation for obtaining Planning Permissions and listed building consents on difficult and sensitive sites. Our success is based on our creative and flexible design approach, our ability to gain community support for schemes and our skills in working well with planners.
As well as these strengths we are fully versed in all current statutory requirements and Building Regulations. Coupled with our extensive technical design expertise and sustainable design knowledge, our innovative designs are constructed to a high quality by contractors we know and trust. Our special interest and experience in sustainable design is endorsed by being selected for the Green Register of Construction Professionals and as the Sustainability Expert judge for RIBA Regional Design Awards in 2016.
We offer a quick, enthusiastic and personal response, with the added satisfaction of a director level service, tailored to meet your particular requirements, at competitive rates. In addition, we have the necessary skills, resources and experience to deliver high quality architecture to fully meet requirements cost effectively and to tight programmes through:
- Production of fully investigative 3D studies, design options and costs
- Highly creative and innovative design abilities
- Excellent consultation and planning track record
- Successful design through community involvement
- Energy and sustainable design expertise
- Environmentally friendly design approach and practice ethos
- Green Registered Practice
- Sound technical skills and specification knowledge
- Good Building Regulation expertise and knowledge
- Commitment to training and CPD at all levels and work stages
- Effective contract administration and project management
- Knowledge of all forms of building contracts and procurement
- Advanced 3D CAD and BIM software
- Well resourced and qualified design teams with good work together ethos
- Small, dynamic practice that can quickly respond to demands
- ARB and RIBA Registered Chartered Practice
- RIBA Professional Indemnity Insurance with no claims history
- Quality Assured Service through RIBA QA systems
- Local business based in the South West of England
- Continual referrals and recommendations by satisfied clients
- Highly competitive fees giving Best Value
Please feel free to contact us now for an informal chat to discuss your project and what we can do for you.