people and practice
mjwarchitects are a small and expanding RIBA chartered architectural practice based in a converted chapel just outside Bath in Somerset. We are ideally located to serve Bath, Wells and Frome and all surrounding areas. We have the necessary skills and over 25 years of experience to work on a whole range of projects, from small residential extensions to multi-million pound developments, in both rural and urban locations.
After working with other architects on large high profile schemes in London and throughout the country the practice was established by Michael J Williams in 2000 and we work mainly on residential and community projects. We have gained a reputation for creative design and our ability to obtain successful planning permissions and listed building consents on sensitive sites. To date we have completed over 300 projects. Our success is based on our innovative design approach, an ability to gain community support and our skills in planning negotiation.
As well as these strengths we are fully versed in all current statutory requirements and building regulations. We consider ourselves to be at the forefront of the energy debate being advocates for and experienced in sustainable design.
We offer a quick, enthusiastic and personal response, with the added satisfaction of a director level service, tailored to meet your particular requirements, at competitive rates. In addition, we have the necessary skills, resources and experience to deliver high quality architecture to fully meet requirements cost effectively and to tight programmes through:
- Production of fully investigative studies and options
- Highly creative and innovative design abilities
- Excellent consultation and planning track record
- Successful design through community involvement
- Energy and sustainable design expertise
- Environmentally friendly design approach and practice ethos
- ECOS Trust and Green Registered Practice
- Sound technical skills and specification knowledge
- Good Building Regulation expertise and knowledge
- Commitment to training and CPD at all levels and work stages
- Effective contract administration and project management
- Knowledge of all forms of building contracts and procurement
- Full and latest IT and CAD networks and programmes
- Well resourced and qualified design teams with good work together ethos
- Small, dynamic practice that can quickly respond to demands
- ARB and RIBA Registered Chartered Practice
- RIBA Professional Indemnity Insurance with no claims history
- Quality Assured Service through RIBA QA systems
- Local business based in the South West of England
- Continual referrals and recommendations by satisfied clients
- Highly competitive fees giving Best Value
Please feel free to contact us now for an informal chat to discuss your project and what we can do for you.